Sample all the local farming community has to offer in this special 5 course dinner prepared in the kitchen of the Walker Phillips House. Dinner includes:
- cocktails and appetizers in the drawing rooms,
- three courses and dessert served inside at the chef’s table in the kitchen or under the stars in the garden.
- Beer and wine pairings
- Coffee and dessert
The chef will customize the menu based on protein preference and food restrictions. Dinner value is $2000. The remainder of the sale price is a donation to the Waterford Foundation which may be tax deductible.
Location: Walker-Phillips House and Garden
- Set at auction. See auction details below.
- Buy Now for $10,000 here.
To bid: email your bid to [email protected].
- Auction beginning Friday September 3, 2021 at noon. Bidding to close at noon on Friday, September 10, 2021.
- Bidding will begin at $3000 and increase in $250 increments
- Bids will be accepted in the order received based on the timestamp on your email.
- Our staff will confirm your bid by return email and notify you if and when you have been outbid.
- The current bid will be displayed on this page and shared on the Foundation’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/waterfordfoundation
- At any time during the bidding period, the dinner may be purchased outright at the Buy Now link above. Bidding will end immediately if the dinner is purchased at the Buy Now price, with notification to bidders via email and via the Waterford Foundation Facebook page.
Meet Chef Garcia:
Rubén’s roots into the culinary world runs deep into the kitchens of the finest Spanish chefs. He began in the avant-garde kitchen of Martín Berasategui where he learned the discipline of working in a 3-star Michelin restaurant. Rubén then enhanced his knowledge on innovative techniques, imaginative presentations, and high-quality products by working alongside world-renowned chef Ferran Adrià at el bulli. During his five years at this 3-star Michelin restaurant, Rubén worked every station, including serving as pastry chef for three years. He would be reunited with his mentors Ferran and Albert Adrià on their first foray into the United States, a partnership with José Andrés to open Mercado Little Spain in New York City.
He began his career in the United States in 2004 with ThinkFoodGroup by José Andrés. Rubén oversaw menu development and provided the creative direction to the twice 2-star Michelin restaurant, minibar, and was Andrés’ right hand man as he expanded restaurants nationally. As Creative Operating Officer and Founder of UNFOLD Hospitality, Ruben now inspires new chefs and leads concept development with restaurateurs to help realize their vision and potential.
Rubén has appeared twice on Iron Chef as victor. He suggests that the original kitchen that inspired him was that of his mother, aunt, and grandmother. Ruben and his children adore Waterford and he is inspired by his relationships with our local farming community.