2023 Historic Waterford 5K/10K Trail Run/Walk
Registration is OPEN! Register here!
Lace Up for the Landmark!
Join us Saturday, April 22, 2023 for a 5K/10K trail run and Fun Run through the scenic trails, vineyards, and streets of historic Waterford, Virginia. This will be an in-person event.
- The course follows paved/gravel roads & scenic trails through the Waterford National Historic Landmark and surrounding farms and vineyards.
- Runners will receive a handcrafted pewter medal and a commemorative race shirt.
- Visit nearby Loudoun wineries, breweries, restaurants and coffee shops after the race!
- 8:30 am: 10K start
- 8:40 am: 5K start
- 9:30 am: Awards
- 10:00 am: Fun Run start
- Registration: Race day registration and packet pickup is at the John Wesley Community Church (40125 Bond Street, Waterford, VA) from 8-8:45 am.
- Start/Finish: All three races (5K, 10K and Fun Run) begin and end on Main Street behind the John Wesley Community Church (40125 Bond Street, Waterford, VA).
- Parking: Parking is located a short walk away on the Phillips Farm on Old Wheatland Road. Use 40024 Old Wheatland Rd, Waterford, VA 20197 (Waterford Water Treatment Facility across Old Wheatland Road from the Phillips Farm) to navigate to the parking area and watch for the event parking signs. There is no parking at the registration area.
- Road Closures: Roads will be closed through Waterford by 8:00 am. Please plan to arrive and park before 8:00 am.
5k: $30 through March 31, $35 through April 19, $40 through race day
10k: $40 through March 31, $45 through April 19, $50 through race day
5k/10k kids under 12: $25 with a registered adult through race day
Fun Run: $20 through race day
Unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund for this event. Since we immediately spend the registration fee on ordering the medals, t-shirts and shipping, all sales are final.
Race medals and t-shirts will be provided to all participants (including Fun Run participants) at the race. There are no shirt size exchanges. Register by April 1, 2023 to guarantee your selected shirt size. Race packets must be picked up by race day. Leftover packets, including t-shirts, will be donated.
Race Results and Awards:
The top three overall male and female 5K and 10K finishers will receive awards. Race results will be posted on the PR Races website following the race.
The 5K and 10K courses cover a variety of surfaces throughout the Waterford National Historic Landmark. Runners should expect rolling hills, mostly trails and gravel roads with some paved roads and the possibility for mud.
Now accepting 2023 Sponsors!
Learn more and sign up as a race sponsor here: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/PqGRJF_jYv25YNIi_Z566w
Deadline for sponsorships: March 14, 2023
Volunteer Opportunities Available
Please contact Stephanie Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
The Waterford Foundation reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken during our events for our use including online and in print. By entering the event premises, you consent to being filmed and/or photographed for promotional purposes. Any person desiring not to have their photo/video taken or distributed must contact oldschool@waterfordfoundation.
org in writing of his/her intentions before the event.